viernes, 3 de julio de 2020

Soluciones. Presente Simple.

 EXERCISES

1. Put the verbs into the correct form: 


  • Water  boils at 100 degrees Celsius.

  • George doesn’t go to the movies very often.

  • How many languages do you speak?

  • The swimming pool opens at 9:00 and closes at 6:30 every day.

  • What time do the banks close here?

  • I have a car, but I don’t use it very often.

  • How many cigarettes do you smoke a day?

  • What do you do?

  • Where does your father come from? He comes from Mexico.

  • It takes me an hour to get to work. How long does it take you?

  • I don’t understand the word “deceive”. What does deceive mean?

2. Use these sentences to make questions:


  • Ann watches television. How often does Ann watch television?

  • I write to my parents. How often do I write to my parents?

  • I have dinner in the evening. What time do I usually have dinner? 

  • Tom works.  Where does Tom work?

  • I go to the movies. How often do I go to the movies?

  • People do stupid things. Why people do stupid things?

  • The car breaks down. How often does the car break down?

3. Choose the correct answer:


  • His grandparents live in France.

  • Cathy washes her hair every morning.

  • We usually buy ice cream on the weekend.

  • The girls sometimes study at the library.

  • Philip and Ned often go skiing in the winter.

  • That teacher always gives a lot of homework.

4. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs below. Use the Present Simple.


Visit listen buy sleep play read


  • Many people buy popcorn at the cinema.

  • He plays football every afternoon.

  • John visits his grandparents on Saturdays.

  • My parents read the newspaper every day.

  • I usually sleep eight hours each night.

  • My friends usually listen to rock music, not classical music.

5. Choose the correct answer:


  • John doesn’t like geography lessons.

  • Mrs Brown doesn’t read detective stories.

  • The students don’t learn English every day.

  • I don’t do my homework every day.

  • Robert  doesn’t go swimming on Tuesday.

  • My brothers don’t play basketball.

6. Write questions with the words below. Use Present Simple.


  • You/ live/ in England Do you live in England?

  • Your family/ watch / TV / at night Does your family watch TV at night?

  • Your friends/ play/ tennis Do your friends play tennis?

  • Your father/ read/ mystery stories Does your father read mystery stories?

  • You/ go/ to the cinema/ every weekend. Do you go to the cinema every weekend?



7. Answer the questions below. Use short answers. Make answers true for you:

(Respuesta libre)

8. Write three affirmative and three negative sentences about the things you do or don’t do regularly.

(Respuesta libre)

9. Read the text. Then circle ten more present simple affirmative verbs and underline three more present simple negative verbs (ignore be and have got).


      My boyfriend, Robert, and I are very different. He isn’t shy, but he’s very quiet. He’s very clever and he loves books. I don’t read books a lot, but I like magazines. I prefer action and I love sports. My favourite sport is tennis. I always play tennis on weekends and I usually win!

     Robert doesn’t like  a lot of sports, but he watches tennis on TV. He sometimes comes to the sports club with me. He doesn’t play, but he shouts for me! I like him because he’s different. I think that he’s interesting, and he’s very funny. He’s got a brilliant personality. He’s never moody and we don’t argue. We’re very happy and we’ve got a lot of friends.


10. Complete the sentences about Meg and Robert. Use the present simple affirmative or negative form of the verbs in the box.


Argue know lose     play read think


  • Meg reads a lot of books.

  • She doesn’t usually play tennis.

  • Meg thinks  that Robert is boring.

  • Robert argues with Meg.

  • Meg knows a lot of people.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.