domingo, 12 de julio de 2020

Soluciones. Presente Perfecto Simple Vs Presente Perfecto Continuo.

 

EXERCISES

  1. Are these sentences right or wrong? Correct the ones that are wrong.


  • How long have Bob and Alice been married?   Right

  • I have known Bob for five years.   Wrong

  • Sue and Alan have been married since July.  Wrong

  • It has been raining all day.  Wrong

  • How long has George been unemployed?   Right

  • Have you always been living in this house?   Right

  • How long has Ken had a beard?    Wrong

  • She has been sick for a long time.   Right


  1. Write questions with how long?


  • Jim is studying Chinese. How long has Jim been studying Chinese? 

  • I know Bob. How long have I known Bob?

  • My sister is married. How long has my sister been married?

  • Carol is on vacation.  How long has Carol been on vacation?

  • I live in Australia.   How long have I lived in Australia?

  • It is snowing.   How long has it been snowing?

  • Jack smokes.   How long has Jack smoked?

  • I know about her problem.   How long have I known about her problem?

  • Robert and Jill are looking for an apartment.   How long have they been looking for an apartment?

  • Diana teaches English in  Brazil.   How long has Diana taught English in Brazil?

  • Dennis is in love with Liz.  How long has Dennis been in love with Liz?

  • John has a car.   How long has John had a car?


  1. Read the sentences and then write another sentence with since or for.

  • I know Bob (for five years). I have known Bob for five years.

  • Jack lives in Chicago ( since he was born).  Jack has lived in Chicago since he was born.

  • Mary is unemployed (since April).   Mary has been unemployed since April.

  • Ann has a bad cold (for the last few days).   Ann has had a bad cold for the last few days.

  • I want to go to the moon (since I was a child).  I have wanted to go to the moon since I was a child.

  • My brother is studying languages in college (for two years) .  My brother has been studying languages in college for two years.

  • Tim and Jane are working in Peru (since February).   They have been working in Peru since February.

  • My cousin is in the army (since he was 18).   My cousin has been in the army since he was 18.

  • They are waiting for us  (for half an hour). They have been waiting for us for half an hour.


  1. Match the examples to the uses:


   c.  She’s already seen that musical. I haven’t read that magazine yet. They’ve just left the  museum.

  1. Have you ever been to a West End musical? She’s never danced on stage.

  2. He has appeared in the TV show Glee.


  1. Life experience with ever and never.

  2. past actions that are relevant in the present.

  3. recent events and events we expected to happen, often used with adverbs.


5. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets:

  • Have you ever seen a 3D film?

  • James has not done his homework yet.

  • Laura has just sold her skates.

  • I have already heard  that joke.

  • Why haven't you cleaned  your room yet?

  • Sarah has twisted her ankle and can’t run.

  • Jen has never climbed a tree.

  • I have not finished my homework so I can’t go out.


6. Match the examples to the uses:

How long have you been taking dance classes? a

I’ve been studying classical ballet for ten months. b

I’ve wanted to be a ballerina since I was three years old. c

How long have you had those dance shoes? a

  1. we use the present perfect simple and continuous with How long to ask about duration.

  2. we use for with a period of time.

  3. we use since with a point of time.

7. Choose the correct alternatives:

  • I’ve loved skating for years.

  • Susie’s eyes are red. She has been crying.

  • Have you heard about John? He’s going to be in a West End show.

  • I’ve joined the Capoeira Club - It’s great fun.

  • We’ve been practising our dance steps since we heard about the audition.

  • Mum and Dad have bought me a new karate suit.

  • Sally and I have been watching the TV talent show final since nine o’clock. We want Jackie to win.


8. Choose the correct alternatives:

I’ve just read an article about the European Union Youth Orchestra. The Orchestra has existed in its current form since 1976. Members of the orchestra are between 14 and 24 and they have come from all 28 countries of the EU. These talented musicians have done two long tours every year. Over the past few years, they have given concerts in lots of different cities, including Paris, Milan and Rome. 

Recently, the orchestra has played in important festivals such as the BBC Proms in the UK and the Salzburg Festival. Auditions are taking place at the moment. I have been looking for a new hobby for a long time. I think I’d like to join!


9. Complete the text with the correct form of the verbs in brackets:

Kate has loved jewellery since she was a small child, but she doesn't have a lot of money to spend on it. She found a good solution to his problem - she will make her own jewellery. Kate sometimes buys beads and stones in shops but she mostly uses things she finds around the house. ‘I have created jewellery out of things that were useless to other people, like old buttons or keys,’ she says. 

‘In fact, I have made a necklace from multi - coloured buttons for two days - it’s nearly finished and it looks great! I have given people some nice presents but I have never sold anything. I want to sell things in the future, though. My dream is to earn my living making jewellery but I don’t believe it will be easy. A lot of people want to do that job.


10.  Cross out the wrong word:

  • I HAVE known him since we were at school.

  • The same teacher has TAUGHT us English for five years 

  • We HAVE lived in the same house for twenty years. 

  • I have DRUNK five glasses of water since ten o'clock. 

  • Patty HAS just talked to me 

  • My children haven't WATCHED television today. 

  • HAS John ever sung in front of an audience? 

  • I don't want any tea because I've already HAD some. 

  • We HAVEN'T talked to Ana yet. 

  • I can't bear it: she HAS been playing the piano since six o'clock this morning

  • George has BEEN collecting matchboxes for the last twenty years. 

  • How long have you been DOING housework? 

  • I have never DRIVEN a car before

  • It HASN'T rained much so far this week 

  • Ann has WASHED her hair 

  • HAVE you eaten at the new Italian restaurant? 

  • You have BEEN working hard this term 

  • We HAVEN'T studied since 9 

  • George has been SMOKING for five years

  • I HAVE never been to Lisbon 

  • What HAVE you done ? 

  • I have just BOUGHT a new hat 

  • We have been STUDYING since this morning 

  • HAVE you ever been to Paris ? 

  • I HAVEN’T given up yet 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.