domingo, 5 de julio de 2020

Soluciones. Presente Continuo.

 EXERCISES


1. Put the verbs into the correct form.


  • Please don’t make so much noise. I am studying.

  • Please be quiet. I am trying  to concentrate.

  • Look! It is snowing.

  • Why are you looking at the time? Did I say something wrong?

  • You are making a lot of noise. Can you be a little bit quieter?

  • Excuse me, I am looking for a phone booth. Is there one near here?

  • Listen! They are yelling at each other again.

  • Why are you wearing your coat today? It’s very warm.

  • I am not working this week. I’m on vacation.

  • I want to lose weight. I am not eating anything today.


2. Complete sentences using one of these verbs:


Get become change rise improve fall increase


  • The population of the world is rising very fast.

  • He is still sick, but he is getting better at the moment.

  • These days food is becoming  more and more expensive.

  • The world is changing. Things never stay the same.

  • The cost of living is increasing. Every year things are more expensive.

  • George has gone to work in Spain. At first, his Spanish wasn’t very good, but now it is improving.

  • The economic situation is already very bad, and it is falling worse.


3. Read this conversation between Brian and Steve. Put each verb into the correct form.


Brian and Steve meet in a restaurant.


Brian: Hello, Steve. I haven’t seen you for ages. What are you doing these days?

Steve: I am working in a department store.

Brian: Really? Are you enjoy it?

Steve: Yeah, it’s OK. How about you?

Brian: Well, I am not working at the moment, but I’m very busy. I am building a house.

Steve: Really? Are you doing it alone?

Brian: No, some friends of mine are helping me.


4. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs below. Use the Present Continuous


Read look fly listen not play not learn


  • The astronauts are flying in their spaceship.

  • We are listening  to music at the moment.

  • He is playing football today.

  • They are not learning French this year.

  • She is reading a book about stars.

  • I am looking at the stars now.


5. Choose the correct answer.


  • Some people are looking at the spaceship.

  • Ben is writing a project about astronomy.

  • I am waiting to see an alien.

  • We aren’t standing on a spaceship.

  • Are you looking at the stars or the moon?

  • The sun isn’t shining at the moment.

6. Write the words in the correct order to make questions.


  • Raining/it/is.  Is it raining?

  • TV/watching/they/are. Are they watching TV?

  • He/reading/is/book/a . Is he reading a book?

  • We/walking/are/school/to . Are we walking to school?

  • Bus/the/she/is/sitting/on. Is she sitting on the bus?

7. Answer the questions below. Use short answers. Make answers true for you:

(Respuesta libre)

8. Complete the sentences. Use the present continuous form of the verbs in brackets.


  • Jo and Sam are wearing hats.

  • Chris is listening to music.

  • Chris and Jo are drinking  juice.

  • Sam isn’t listening  to music.

  • Chris and Bobby are not studying Maths.

  • Bobby isn’t wearing a T-shirt.

  • Jo isn’t reading a book.



9. Complete the dialogue. Use the present continuous form of the verbs in brackets.


Look watch not play try not read do win


  • Jill: Hi, Des are you  watching tennis on TV?

  • Des: Yes, I am. Hingis  won  5-4, but she isn’t playing a good game. Are you doing your Maths homeworks?

  • Jill: No, I’m not. I am trying to do puzzles. It’s called People Puzzle. It’s really difficult.

  • Des: I know that puzzle. It’s easy!

  • Jill: Which boy is Sam? Is he looking at the magazine?

  • Des: no, Sam isn’t reading a magazine – and Sam is a girl.


10. Write logical sentences with the words below. Use the Present Continuous affirmative or negative.


  • the swimmers / wear / goggles  . The swimmers are wearing goggles

  • I / surf / on a mountain / right now  . I am surfing on a mountain right now

  • the bat / fly / near the apple tree  . The bat is flying near the apple tree

  • Tim / buy / a magazine / at a library . Tim is buying a magazine at a library

  • you / have / a shower / at the café / at the moment  . You are having a shower at the café at the moment

Shelly / sit / on the rug / in her bedroom . Shelly is sitting on the rug in her bedroom

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.