lunes, 12 de julio de 2021

Presente Perfecto Simple Vs Presente Perfecto Continuo

 



                                              PRESENT PERFECT  (I have done)


AFFIRMATIVE

NEGATIVE

INTERROGATIVE

I have lost

You have lost

He has lost

She has lost

It has lost

We have lost

You have lost

They have lost

I haven’t lost

You haven’t lost

He hasn’t lost

She hasn’t lost

It hasn’t lost

We haven’t lost

You haven’t lost

They haven’t lost

Have I lost?

Have I lost?

Has he lost?

Has she lost?

Has it lost?

Have we lost?

Have you lost?

Have you lost?


Usamos el Simple para:

  • Situaciones que suceden durante un tiempo largo, especialmente si se usa “usually”. La situación se da en este mismo momento en el que se está hablando.

  • My father has always worked hard ( not has always been working hard).


  • Algunos verbos como (be, have, know) no se usan con el continuo, sólo con el simple.


  • Una acción que empezó en el pasado y continúa ahora.

  • I’ve known her for years.


  • Noticias de acontecimientos recientes.

  • She’s passed her exam


  • Acciones pasadas que afectan al momento presente.

  • Oh no, the class has already started


  • Para hablar de experiencias de la vida.

    • They’ve lived in New York and London




                                              PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS  

                                                         (I have been studying)


AFFIRMATIVE

NEGATIVE

INTERROGATIVE

I have been studying

You have been studying

He has been studying

She has been studying

It has been studying

We have been studying

You have been studying

They have been studying

I haven’t been studying

You haven’t been studying

He hasn’t been studying

She hasn’t been studying

It hasn’t been studying

We haven’t been studying

You haven’t been studying

They haven’t been studying

Have I been studying?

Have you been studying?

Has he been studying?

Has she been studying?

Has it been studying?

Have we been studying?

Have you been studying?

Have they been studying?


Usamos el Presente Perfecto Continuo para:

  • Especificar cómo de largo ha sido el tiempo en el que ha sucedido la acción. La acción sigue existiendo en este momento.

  • Liz has been driving for ten years.


  • También usamos el continuo para situaciones que llevan poco tiempo sucediendo. El simple para situaciones más largas.

  • John has been living in Caracas since January.

  • John has always lived in Caracas.


  • Resalta la duración de acciones que empezaron en el pasado y continúan en la actualidad. Equivale a la expresión “llevar” + gerundio.

    • He’s been learning Italian since he was ten years old.

  • Expresar acciones prolongadas muy recientes que tienen efectos visibles en el presente.

    • She’s tired because she’s been exercising all day,


EXERCISES

  1. Are these sentences right or wrong? Correct the ones that are wrong.


  • How long have Bob and Alice been married?   __________

  • I know Bob for five years   __________

  • Sue and Alan are married since July   __________

  • It is raining all day   __________

  • How long has George been unemployed?   __________

  • Have you always been living in this house?   __________

  • How long does Ken have a beard?   __________

  • She has been sick for a long time   __________


  1. Write questions with how long?


  • Jim is studying Chinese   __________________________________

  • I know Bob   __________________________________

  • My sister is married   __________________________________

  • Carol is on vacation   __________________________________

  • I live in Australia   __________________________________

  • It is snowing   __________________________________

  • Jack smokes   __________________________________

  • I know about her problem   __________________________________

  • Robert and Jill are looking for an apartment   __________________________________

  • Diana teaches English in  Brazil   __________________________________

  • Dennis is in love with Liz   __________________________________

  • John has a car   __________________________________


  1. Read the sentences and then write another sentence with since or for:


  • I know Bob (for five years)   __________________________________

  • Jack lives in Chicago ( since he was born)   __________________________________

  • Mary is unemployed (since April)   __________________________________

  • Ann has a bad cold (for the last few days)   __________________________________

  • I want to go to the moon (since I was a child)   __________________________________

  • My brother is studying languages in college (for two years)   __________________________________

  • Tim and Jane are working in Peru (since February)   __________________________________

  • My cousin is in the army (since he was 18)   __________________________________

  • They are waiting for us   (for half an hour) __________________________________


  1. Match the examples to the uses:


  • She’s already seen that musical. I haven’t read that magazine yet. They’ve just left the museum.

  • Have you ever been to a West End musical? She’s never danced on stage.

  • He has appeared in the TV show Glee.


  1. Life experience with ever and never.

  2. past actions that are relevant in the present.

  3. recent events and events we expected to happen, often used with adverbs.


5. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets:

  • ______________ (you ever see) a 3D film?

  • James ______________ (not do) his homework yet.

  • Laura ______________ (just sell) her skates.

  • I ______________ (already hear) that joke.

  • Why ______________ (you not clean) your room yet?

  • Sarah ______________ (twist) her ankle and can’t run.

  • Jen ______________ (never climb) a tree.

  • I ______________ (not finish) my homework so I can’t go out.


6. Match the examples to the uses:

  • How long have you been taking dance classes?

  • I’ve been studying classical ballet for ten months.

  • I’ve wanted to be a ballerina since I was three years old.

  • How long have you had those dance shoes?

  1. we use the present perfect simple and continuous with How long to ask about duration.

  2. we use for with a period of time.

  3. we use since with a point of time.


7. Choose the correct alternatives:

  • I’ve loved/ I have been loving skating for years.

  • Susie’s eyes are red. She has been crying/has cried.

  • Have you heard / Have you been hearing about John? He’s going to be in West End show.

  • I’ve been joining / have joined the Capoeira Club - It’s great fun.

  • We’ve been practising / We have practised our dance steps since we heard about the audition.

  • Mum and Dad have bought / have been buying me a new karate suit.

  • Sally and I have been watching / have watched the TV talent show final since nine o’clock. We want Jackie to win.


8. Choose the correct alternatives:

I’ve just read / just read an article about the European Union Youth Orchestra. The Orchestra has existed / is existing in its current form for / since 1976. Members of the orchestra are / are being between 14 and 24 and they come / have come from all 28 countries of the EU. These talented musicians do / have done two long tours every year. Over the past few years, they have given / are giving concerts in lots of different cities, including Paris, Milan and Rome. 

Recently, the orchestra play / has played in important festivals such as the BBC Proms in the UK and the Salzburg Festival. Auditions are taking / take place at the moment. I’ve looked / been looking for a new hobby for a long time. I think I’d like to join!


9. Complete the text with the correct form of the verbs in brackets:

Kate ___________________ (love) jewellery since she was a small child, but she ___________________ (not/ have) a lot of money to spend on it. She ___________________ (find)  a good solution to his problem - she ___________________ (make) her own jewellery. Kate sometimes ___________________ (buy) beads and stones in shops but she mostly uses things she finds around the house. ‘I ___________________ (create) jewellery out of things that were useless to  to other people. like old buttons or keys,’ she says. 

‘In fact, I ___________________ (make) a necklace from multi - coloured buttons for two days - it’s nearly finished and it looks great! I ___________________ (give) people some nice presents but I ___________________ (never/ sell) anything. I want to sell things in the future, though. My dream is to earn my living making jewellery but I ___________________ (not / belive) it will be easy. A lot of people want to do that job.


10.  Cross out the wrong word:

  • I (HAVE/HAS) known him since we were at school.

  • The same teacher has (TAUGHT/TEACHED) us English for five years 

  • We (HAVE/HAS) lived in the same house for twenty years. 

  • I have (DRINK/DRUNK) five glasses of water since ten o'clock. 

  • Patty (HAVE/HAS) just talked to me 

  • My children haven´t (WATCH/WATCHED) television today. 

  • (HAS/HAVE) John ever sung in front of an audience? 

  • I don't want any tea because I´ve already (HAVE/HAD) some. 

  • We (HAVEN'T/HASN'T) talked to Ana yet. 

  • I can't bear it: she (HAVE/HAS) been playing the piano since six o'clock this morning

  • George has (BE/BEEN) collecting matchboxes for the last twenty years. 

  • How long have you been (DO/DONE/DOING) housework? 

  • I have never (DRIVE/DRIVEN) a car before

  • It (HASN'T/HAVEN'T) rained much so far this week 

  • Ann has (WASHED/WASHING) her hair 

  • (HAVE/HAS) you eaten at the new Italian restaurant? 

  • You have (BEEN/BE) working hard this term 

  • We (HASN'T/HAVEN'T) studied since 9 

  • George has been (SMOKING/SMOKED) for five years

  • I (HAS/HAVE) never been to Lisbon 

  • What (HAS/HAVE) you done ? 

  • I have just (BOUGHT/BUYED) a new hat 

  • We have been (STUDYING/STUDY) since this morning 

  • (HAS/HAVE) you ever been to Paris ? 

  • I (HAVEN’T/HASN’T) given up yet


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.